Thursday, July 01, 2010

Clingy Cords

I am starting my reviews with something I found a few years ago that I think is a must have for any mom, dad, grandma, babysitter, ect. out there!! What is this wonderful product? It is none other than Clingy Cords, by CaitiMacCreations.







When my daughter was a baby and still drinking from a bottle, she though it was funny to throw her bottle out of her stroller when we were out and about. This got very old, very quickly! After picking her bottle up off the ground and disinfecting it about 100 times I decided to search for a solution. I started by going to the local baby store and looking for something to prevent this. I thought surely someone has thought of something to keep this from happening, and to keep parents sain! Sure enough, someone had, a lot of someones! I looked at about 5-6 items all neatly hanging up in the store that were supposed to solve my problem. I chose 2 that seemed the easiest to use. One of those was a strap with a ring on it that you attached to the bottle by unscrewing the nipple and inserting the ring, then screwing the nipple back on. Ok, well that is a nice idea, except when you have a full bottle and a crying child! I used that product all of 3 times before it went away. To much trouble and made to much of a mess. The next one I tried was a strap that had a buckle and an adjuster that went around the bottle. It worked, but the buckle left room between the apparatus and the bottle making it easy for a child to get the bottle out, or pinch their fingers in the buckle.
I thought that my only option was to continue to pick up the bottle from the ground every time she threw it from her stroller or high chair.


I decided to go on line and search for a bottle holder for strollers. I soon came across CaitiMacCreations and her wonderful product the Clingy Cord. The idea was novel, and the product was a great price and adorable to boot!! I promptly ordered one and waiting for it to arrive! The day I got it I was heading out to the store, and checked the mail on the way out. It came, and I thought no time like the present to try it out. As soon as we got to the store, I attached the bottle to the cord and then hooked it on stroller and we were off. I was SO impressed the first time my daughter threw her bottle and it didn't land on the floor! Not only did it not land on the floor, it bounced up and down like a bottle bungee cord lol. I was hooked! It was easy to put on, I didn't have to take the nipple off, it stayed on the bottle and there was nothing to pinch or poke anyone!! When I returned home I ordered another one and never looked back. I then started carrying 2 with me. One for the bottle and another for a favorite toy. Because it is a soft material with elastic, you can attach it to anything. There is a bead that you slide to tighten the product to an item and miraculously it doesn't loosen with regular use. The cord is also sewn together in the middle to prevent a child from putting it around their neck, so the safety factor is wonderful as well. When my daughter stopped using a bottle, we went to a sippy cup and this product works wonderfully on those as well.

When I had my son, I ordered 2 more clingy cords because my daughter's cords were girly colors and I didn't want my son to have to use his sister's girly colored cords lol. Here is a picture of my son in his stroller using his clingy cord, and in a high chair using his clingy cord. I need to get a better picture of him with it, but you can still see it in these pictures.




The owner of CaitiMacCreations and inventor of the infamous Clingy Cord is Carolyn Carter, who is herself a sweet and creative gal! She not only created the clingy cord, but she has many other items that are adorable!!!  She even has a facebook page to promotes her products along with many other ETSY products. Please join her facebook page here and tell her I sent you! And of course go to her website to buy the Clingy Cord and other great products!


Stay tuned for my next review.....

No comments: